Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a rockstar Full Stack Engineer to join the Press engineering team. You will work directly alongside our CTO and play a key role in product and engineering decisions that will shape the company’s future. You are known for rolling up your sleeves and getting results--regardless of the domain, the industry, or the subject matter. In other words, you’re a hustler.
- Work on the full stack, from UI to database performance.
- Build new features from start to finish, including design of architecture, coding, testing, and supporting production.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical issues throughout the stack and contribute to all parts of our code base.
- Functional, real world programming experience (show us something you’ve built!)
- The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end
- Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar
- Experience working with backend MVC frameworks
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- A track record of balancing fast-and-dirty and long-term code maintainability
- The ability to quickly grasp new technologies
- Strongly data driven (our CTO worked on the A/B testing team at Uber)
- Deep experience with Python/Django/Flask
- Experience with React/React Native
- An eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues
- Experience with Postgres database administration
- Downtown office (Capital Factory)
- Fun startup culture
- Equity (we’re still early enough that this means something)